Smart Brain Wise Heart Classroom License (30 Students)
A Highly Effective Social and Emotional Learning Program for Students Ages 9-16
Smart Brain Wise Heart draws on the best of young peoples’ hearts and brains, empowering them to make smarter decisions and improve self-control, academic success and social skills. The latest heart-brain-body neuroscience helps students understand what’s happening inside themselves, and a range of fun and intelligent enrichment activities engages and challenges them. Each of the eight learning units has a video that is essential in the student's learning process.
The Small Group/Family License
This license is valid for one teacher/leader and up to 30 students within one class. Students may access the online program from computers or tablets. License is valid for 365 days from date of first log-in. When renewing, you will receive a 50% discount.
Blended Online and Adult/Instructor Facilitated Learning
Blended learning combines fully integrated online content with a printed Leader’s Kit and assortment of other materials for enhanced learning. Students can access the complete online course from their computer or tablet. Different strands of instruction deepen the learning experience, including review and discussion, activity worksheets, illustrated articles, practice opportunities, project-based action assignments, learning-based scenario videos and assessments.
Self-Regulation = Emotional Resilience and Self-Security
At the heart of the program are several scientifically-validated self-regulation techniques. Each technique builds on the previous one, so that after eight weeks, students who practice, are able to increase their locus of control and self-security - essential underpinnings of mental and emotional health, supportive social relationships and academic success.
Pre and Post Assessments Validate Student Mastery
Using either the online, or print version, 24-question Student Opinion Survey to gauge student progress in three key areas, Positive Affect, Negative Affect and Stress Management. Educators who implement the full course can statistically evaluate student's growth and the program’s effectiveness over several months.
Many of SBWH’s activities meet the criteria of key standards found in several categories of learning: National Health Education Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, Social and Emotional Learning Standards, and Common Core State Standards. Smart Brain Wise Heart also draws on the Collaborative For Academic, Social and Emotional Learning’s five core competencies:
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Skills
- Responsible Decision-Making
Blends e-Learning, at Home or in the Classroom, with Leader Facilitation
- Smart Brain Wise Heart Leaders Kit
- 8 units of instruction
- 7 whiteboard animation videos, 7 Learning-Based Scenario videos, a student introductory video, a Leader’s Overview video, 2 leader instruction videos - one for student enrollment and one for record keeping
- 47 printable PDFs along with parallel online activities
- Student Opinion Survey Pre and post survey: 24 questions
- Short unit assessments to measure student learning
- Usable on smart board classroom computers, laptop or desktop computers, tablets
Smart Brain Wise Heart Class Outline
- Lesson 1: Let's Get Started: Taxi Movie
- Lesson 2: In Sync/Out of Sync
- Lesson 3: Inner Weather Report
- Lesson 4: Two Tools to Help Get You in Sync
- Lesson 5: Prep /Reset
- Lesson 6: People Relationships
- Lesson 7: Decision Making
- Lesson 8: Heart-Brain Fitness for Learning
Leader’s Guide Kit:
- Leader’s Guide: full color, 8 ½ x 11 inches spiral bound, 56 pages
- Instructor’s Flipbook: 8 ½ x 11 inches, 32 pages, full color, spiral bound with a thick cardboard stand
- Two posters: Inner Weather and Get in Sync, 18 x 24 inches, full color
- Set of 30 Reminder Cards: two sides: Inner Weather one side, Get in Sync on other side, 2 ½ x 3 ½ inches full color, laminated, rounded edges