HeartMath Interventions Online Certification Program for Health Professionals
- Item #:
Who is this training program for?
This training program is designed for doctors, nurses, psychologists, therapists, counselors, social workers, and other health professionals who want to add HeartMath techniques and emWave® and Inner Balance™ technology to their practice.
You can help your patients and client learn self-regulation and emotional management skills to help with stress, anxiety, and many other conditions.
The training is taught in English and is available worldwide. It combines recorded webinars, video presentations, home study, and certification as a HeartMath® Certified Practitioner.
The HeartMath Interventions Program (HMIP) includes:
- Instruction - recorded webinars and recorded video presentations.
- Six 90 minute recorded webinars with Question & Answer session
- Two recorded video presentations on Coherence and Heart Rate Variability.
- Learn how to teach HeartMath’s core techniques and how to use the emWave technology in your practice with individuals and groups.
- Assessment protocols for Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and psychophysiological status.
- Course manual (downloadable)
- The scientific underpinnings of the HeartMath System including the therapeutic implications of HRVmeasurement and assessment.
- Specific protocols for integrating HeartMath interventions into your professional practice. Protocols include: 1) multi-visit interventions; 2) one or two visit interventions; 3) acute interventions; 4) group therapy interventions; and 5) interventions for children.
- Four eBooks: Transforming Anger, Transforming Anxiety, Transforming Depression, Transforming Stress.
- Technology: The emWave Pro Plus is the computer program for clinical use and includes the software and hardware.
- Resources: Access to Class Webinar recordings, Manual and Library of resources.
- Certification: Take the post-course test and receive a grade of 75% or higher, or complete a case study to become a HeartMath® Certified Practitioner. Certification is limited to health professionals who are licensed or certified and working with clients and patients primarily on physical or mental health-related issues. Students in a formal health professional training program, and those who work under supervision are also eligible for certification.
- Upon certification, apply to be listed in the HeartMath Provider Directory. Listing is at the sole discretion of HeartMath LLC.
Eligibility for Certificate of Completion
Course enrollment is open to all learners. A Certificate of Completion will be issued to learners who choose to take the multiple-choice question exam and pass with greater than 75% correct. Repeated attempts at the exam are accepted to obtain the passing mark.
Eligibility for HeartMath Certification
Additional Criteria to become a HeartMath™ Certified Practitioner:
- Professional Standards
State, provincial or nationally licensed or certified professionals as listed below:
- Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Licensed Medical Professionals
- Certified Health Professionals (training must include consultation, mentoring, in-person training, or internship)
- Ordained Clergy
- Students in a licensure-track medical or mental health educational program
If you have questions about your professional eligibility for certification, please complete this Certification Eligibility Request form.
- Educational Standards
Applicants must achieve greater than 75% on the course final exam.
- Required Documentation of Certification Eligibility
Applicants will be required to upload a copy of their professional designation document(s) indicating proof of current licensure, certification, or student status.
Upon certification, licensed and certified health professionals in independent practice can apply to be listed in the HeartMath Directory of Certified Professionals. Listing is at the sole discretion of the HeartMath Institute.